Online Application and Instructions
Please read all instructions carefully before applying online.
All correspondence is emailed to students and to parents (and to any other adult noted on the application form). Therefore, it is very important that we have all email addresses. At least one parent email address is required—do not list student's email or other adult's email in the parent email field.
The application can be found here.
The following items can be emailed directly to AFS Examined Life (firstname.lastname@example.org).
● Report Card/Transcript: Your latest report card or transcript, including your most recent grades for the current school year—if final grades are not available, midterm grades may be sent. International students: Because methods of evaluation vary throughout the world, an English translation of your school’s grading system must be included with your transcript.
● Letter of Recommendation:One recommendation letter from a current science teacher, written in English.
● English Language Proficiency: The language of instruction is in English and we would like to ensure that you will comfortable in the English-speaking environment. For this reason, please submit scores from one of the following exams:
● TOEFL, and/or
● English Language Proficiency Exam (ex. MSU-CELP)
● ID: A photocopy of a valid passport or a photocopy of your national identification card.
International Students: If you are traveling from a country that requires a visa to enter the European Union, please contact us at email@example.com that we can assist you with the process.
● Scholarship Applicants: Please submit the following documents to no later than February 15, 2017.
● Scholarship Essay: In an essay no more than 500 words: What do you believe is the most important scientific innovation and why?
● Parent Tax Returns (translated in English) from most recent fiscal year
● Statement of Need: Explain your need for financial support in a letter.
❏ Transcript or Report Card
❏ Letter of Recommendation
❏ English Language Proficiency
❏ Copy of passport and visa if you have one
❏ Scholarship Application Materials (if applying)
Important Dates and Deadlines
All application materials are due to the office either electronically or by mail on March 15, 2017.
Late applications may not be reviewed, so it is important everything is submitted on time. If there is a serious reason why the application will not be submitted on time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although the application is due March 15, 2016, we begin review of applications on February 15, 2017. Since there are a limited amount of spots, the earlier the application is submitted, the larger chance there is of acceptance.
Below is a suggested timeline to help organize your application process.